Duke University Facilities Management, Energy Systems Engineer, Level 15
DUKE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT -JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
FROM: FMD Human Resource
RE: ENERGY SYSTEMS ENGINEER, LEVEL 15
The Energy Management unit is responsible for energy-efficient building and central plants operations and promotes energy conservation practices throughout the University. This position reports to Energy Manager.
- Monitor HVAC systems with building automation systems to troubleshoot operational problems and optimize building performance
- Leads daily evaluations and tuning of real time controls systems operations
- Work closely with the maintenance department to assure the building systems are being maintained properly and systems working optimally.
- Analyze control system issues and direct HVAC shop on problem resolution and daily reports and make recommendations for improvements
- Stays abreast of the latest technology environment and develops strategies for system improvements and enhancements
- Oversee and approve external consulting engineers on the layout and design of all control systems in new construction and renovations
- Alarm management for the building automation system
- Team with other engineering disciplines to ensure projects and systems are operating within the required guidelines
- Develop University standards to provide guidelines for future project planning, design, construction and maintenance and ensures implementation of these standards, control system training programs for control operators and HVAC shop personnel
- Implement control logic and control source code when necessary
Required Qualifications at this Level
B.S. degree (ME, EE, or equivalent) preferred and 10 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience skills.
Good knowledge of building energy systems
Proficient with Siemens Apogee controls and programming
Experience in the controls and instrumentation for buildings and laboratories
Ability to analyze existing controls systems with applicable monitoring equipment to troubleshoot and resolve problems
Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
**APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT WWW.HR.DUKE.EDU (Requisition # 401061492) **#EmploymentOpportunity #DukeUniversity