DUKE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Provides engineering and technical support to the Utilities Operation and Maintenance team in support of utility plant and utility distribution systems (steam, chilled water, hot water, water/sewer, and storm water) needs; perform related engineering analysis to assist in planning and ensure efficient operations; assist in the development of design standards; provide design review for both utility system and utility plant projects.
- Participate in the design, planning, evaluation, procurement, construction, operation and maintenance of University utility systems to include heating plants, steam, chilled water plants, chilled water, hot water, plumbing and associated distribution systems to ensure that the needs of the University are met in the most safe, economical, and effective manner.
- Review engineering plans, specifications and equipment for both utility plant and distribution projects; inspect projects during and following installation and advice as to compliance with specifications prior to University acceptance.
- Assist in the continued development of University standards to provide guidelines for future project planning, design, construction and maintenance.
- Advise and assist with problems involving utilities maintenance and operations. Troubleshoot system issues and problems as needed.
- Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Review and assist in the writing of shutdown procedures, risk mitigation plans, and pedestrian impacts and rerouting for major projects and maintenance needs.
- Work directly with equipment vendors regarding system designs and product issues and daily campus system updates.
- Interface with DUES Project Representatives as the Liaisons between project management and outside engineers regarding the needs and requirements of campus utility systems.
Assist with the development of the utility master plan needs -
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience skills.
Use requisition #401349548**APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT WWW.HR.DUKE.EDU #EmploymentOpportunity#DukeUniversity
- Experience with Steam, Chilled Water and other centralized utility distribution systems.
- Utility Plant design and operations experience.
- Knowledge of the Building and Plumbing Codes as well as ASME and ASHRAE Standards.
- Ability to create and maintain positive customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CAD drafting skills utilizing AutoCAD