Tufts University - Senior Electrical Engineer - Facilities Services - (18001037)
As stewards of Tufts University’s physical environment, the Department of Facilities Services strives to provide innovative and cost effective solutions that support our research and learning mission as well as to enhance the quality of our living and learning experience. Facilities Services is responsible for the maintenance and management of all university grounds and facilities consisting of approximately 5 million square feet of space on four campuses (Somerville/Medford, Grafton, Boston and the SMFA). A broad range of services are provided to support the University campuses including: facility management and maintenance, engineering, capital maintenance, custodial services, energy and utilities systems planning and operations, cogeneration operations, recycling and waste management, residential facilities coordination, event support and grounds aesthetics and maintenance. Related functions, which require close coordination with this department, are capital programming, public and environmental safety and security, campus planning, design and construction of capital and deferred maintenance projects including major repairs, renovation and new construction. The Senior Electrical Engineer plays a key role in leadership and management within Tufts University’s facilities engineering department. This individual will work on and lead project teams in a collaborative environment to review, develop and produce engineering solutions for a wide range of small, medium & large scale campus projects. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be primarily responsible for power distribution, electrical protection systems, emergency and standby power, and development of University standards for each campus along with field inspection, supervision, and management of select projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering. Experience with software tools such as SKM and/or other electrical system modeling software such as ASPEN and CYME is required. Successful candidates will have a degree in electrical engineering and at least ten years of experience in Electrical System engineering & design. PE is required.
- B.S. in electrical Engineering plus 7-10 years related experience.
- Massachusetts P.E. required.
- Electrical power analysis and systems modeling software such as ASPEN and CYME .
- Strong communication skills including business and technical writing.
- Proficient with industry standards and codes such as NEC, IEEE and NETA.
- Experience collaborating with and personally building pro-active & collaborative teams dedicated to working together for the betterment of the institution.
- Self-starter focused on continuous improvements and executing transformative change.
- Job related experience at an institute of higher education
- Other states P.E. licenses will be considered.
Special Work Schedule Requirements: Due to the responsibilities of the Facilities Services Department working off hours during snow storms, weather events. Planned outages and related emergencies is required.
To apply visit –
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer. Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.