Concord Engineering - Electrical Engineer Position
Concord Engineering is seeking an Electrical Engineer experienced in design of power and industrial facilities including combined heat and power plants and central utility plants. Knowledge of PLC based controls and field instrumentation will be plus for this position. In this position, the candidate will utilize his/her experience and expertise to work independently on fast track projects with minimum input from senior engineers and project managers. Concord Engineering Group is a rapidly growing dynamic company offering excellent benefits and compensation packages commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Establish basic design criteria and specifications for all electrical systems, and work on assigned contracts. Review projects regularly to ensure departmental standards and requirements are consistent with Client requirements and the project budget.
- Able to develop one-lines; prepare calculations, (short circuit, load studies, voltage drop) equipment specifications, installation drawings; review design drawings and vendor submittals.
- Experienced in electrical system analytical studies to optimizing system performance and equipment sizing and reports using short circuit, load flow, relaying, grounding, etc. using ETAP, SKM, etc.
- Perform checking of electrical drawings to ensure the technical correctness by using applicable job standards, specifications, area classifications, the NEC, and other specific guidelines set forth for the project.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good professional relationship with the Client, and is flexible and responsive to client requirements (within the restraints of budget and schedule), and determines best mode of operation to enhance flow of work. Also able to interface effectively with vendors and construction personnel.
- Prepare electrical equipment estimate to the required level of detail, reviews bulk material estimate and tests for accuracy, and compiles complete and concise documentation for departmental / project review.
- Provide assistance to construction personnel with responses to RFIs and field change notices.
- Ability to complete work in the time allotted with a high degree of accuracy.
- Design of controls system including applications for low and medium voltage distribution systems and controls for equipment including but not limited to turbines, pumps, feedwater control, and data displays.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to transition to project engineer / project management position for career path.
- Experience and Education Required:
To apply, please send cover letter and resume with the Subject “ELECTRICAL ENGINEER POSITION” to Suzanne Renzi, email@example.com.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
- PE License desirable
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in power engineering and/or combined heat and power facilities within the USA.
- Have legal status to work in USA.
- Experience with AutoCAD required; Microstation and/or Revit experience desirable.
- Knowledge of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), International Electro-technical Commission (IEC), NERC, NEC, NESC, NEMA, and ANSI standards
Concord Engineering Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Concord Engineering Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
#District Energy Space