International District Energy Association (IDEA)
Energy and Environmental Policy Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1909, the International District Energy Association (IDEA) is a 501 (c) 6 non-profit industry association serving and representing members who own, operate, design and optimize district energy systems for cities, campuses and communities. Based in Westborough, Massachusetts, IDEA is a respected industry resource known for high quality technical and peer exchange, industry education and advocacy. With about 2400 members worldwide, IDEA organizes conferences, workshops and webinars to advance best practices and promote awareness of the district energy/CHP/microgrid industry.
IDEA seeks an experienced energy/environmental policy professional to curate conference and event programs, support industry awareness and advocacy, manage multiple federal and state grants, and develop additional grant opportunities to advance organization’s mission.
IDEA is seeking an experienced (8-10 years) energy/utilities professional to curate programs, lead industry research, administer grants, and support outreach, education and advocacy. The position will have primary responsibility for establishing, recruiting, curating and organizing technical and business case content for conference/workshop/webinar technical programs and other platforms. This position will support advocacy and education/outreach efforts with global, federal, state and local governments, agencies and NGO’s while implementing 2-3 government grant projects and identifying new opportunities for grants and other funding resources.
Candidates should demonstrate experience in utilities and utility operations, consulting engineering, mechanical or electrical engineering, and/or environmental policy and planning. Familiarity with district energy, CHP, microgrids, distributed generation, renewables and utility regulations is preferred. Strong analytical skills, excellent writing and communication skills are essential, along with ability to manage/deliver multiple responsibilities on a timely basis.
The position requires a willingness to contribute to the overall success of the organization through a “can-do” attitude; ability to work independently and as part of team; accomplish tasks with minimal supervision and see projects through to timely completion. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with experience and passion for energy efficiency and environmental policy, with strong potential for growth and visibility in the industry.
- Curating and organizing technical program content for IDEA conferences, workshops, webinars and for various IDEA platforms including industry magazine (District Energy)
- Act as primary project manager organizing, coordinating and implementing multiple research projects and grants.
- Leverage research activities to support advocacy for the district energy industry with global, federal, state and local governments and agencies and non-governmental organizations (NGO’s).
- Identify new grant and foundation funding opportunities and submit proposals and applications as needed.
- Represent IDEA or its members with global, national, or regional government agencies or related organizations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) required; Master’s degree a plus.
- 8-10 years professional experience in energy, utilities, engineering, or consulting required. Experience in district energy, CHP or microgrid sector is preferred. Should be highly familiar with energy, utilities and energy and environmental policy issues.
- Excellent writing, organizational, research, communications and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products is essential.
- HTML/web management proficiency is a bonus. Experience with standard website CMS interfaces; website development; HTML and related programming is helpful.
- Experience with Constant Contact (email marketing) and other social media - Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Salary commensurate with experience. Generous fringe benefits include health and dental insurance; LT disability; term life insurance; eligible for 401K plus company match; paid vacation/ holidays.
- Located in Class A office space in suburban office in Westborough, MA. Professional, business casual atmosphere.
- A current valid driver’s license and passport required. Occasional overnight or international travel can be expected post-pandemic.
No phone inquiries. #EmploymentOpportunity#employment
Please submit resume for “IDEA Program Manager” to Cheryl.email@example.com.