Clearway Community Energy
Vice President, Commercial Operations
Clearway Energy, Inc. is a leading publicly-traded energy infrastructure investor focused on modern, sustainable, and long-term contracted assets across North America. Clearway Energy’s environmentally-sound asset portfolio includes over 7,000 megawatts of wind, solar and natural gas-fired power generation facilities, as well as district energy systems. Through this diversified and contracted portfolio, Clearway Energy endeavors to provide its investors with stable and growing dividend income. Clearway Energy’s Class C and Class A common stock are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols CWEN and CWEN.A, respectively. Clearway Energy, Inc. is sponsored by its controlling investor, Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), an independent infrastructure fund manager that invests in infrastructure and businesses in both OECD and select emerging market countries through GIP’s portfolio company, Clearway Energy Group. For more information, visit www.clearwayenergy.com.
Reporting to the President, Clearway Community Energy, the Vice President, Commercial Operations is responsible for the strategic leadership of Clearway Community Energy’s safe and reliable operations, overseeing all regional plant management, as well as business operations and objectives. The primary objective is to manage all critical operational and financial activities of Clearway Community Energy.
Principal Responsibilities & Key Results:
- Execute the business plan, achieving or exceeding established profit and loss (P&L) objectives and capital budgets while ensuring plant operations are safe, reliable, efficient, and operate cost-effectively.
- Establish and define key performance metrics (KPIs) to monitor and assess customer satisfaction and quality ratings.
- Spearhead the business unit to achieve and surpass business KPIs for revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction across all regions.
- Provide leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial objectives, continuously evaluating goals as business needs change.
- Partner with the President to develop and execute business strategies, plans, and procedures including comprehensive goals for performance and local growth strategies.
- Lead the development and execution of an annual operating plan that fully supports the company’s strategic plan and annual P&L budget including maintenance and growth capital projects.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of operational metrics and key performance indicators to drive business growth and profitability.
- Identify areas of opportunities for capital improvements across the organization, including opportunities to improve revenue, increase margin, reduce cost, and increase profitability throughout the organization, all while improving efficiency.
- Build, develop, and retain a high-performing team, including developing senior-level leaders within the business unit.
- Drive accountability within business unit leadership to meet or exceed goals, addressing challenges, and provide coaching when necessary.
- Cultivate and manage healthy relationships with strategic partners and vendors
- Identify and resolve business operational issues and develop and improve processes and systems resulting in improved operational accuracy, efficiency, scalability, and effectiveness.
- Prepare and present financial statements, balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial documentation.
- Lead efforts to refine and implement profitability management processes, including utilization metrics and expense control at the operating unit level.
- Oversee and provides guidance on business operations including financial operations, procurement, budgeting, and internal controls.
- Provide executive management with recommendations on the financial implications of business operations and activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Experience building high performing teams, including the ability to recognize and develop future leaders
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly from a strategic level vision to day-to-day tactical operations required
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics required
- A demonstrated execution mindset and a record of success holding people accountable required
- Varied experiences, roles, and responsibilities in Operations, Finance, and Human Resources preferred
- Experience leading high-performing teams within the District Energy industry strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage well at all levels of the organization
- BS in Business, Engineering or a related field is required
- 15+ years in a financial and business operations leadership role preferably in the energy sector or manufacturing environment
- 5+ years profit and loss (P&L) management
- 5+ years’ experience leading and developing senior managers and leading teams
- 5+ years’ experience within technical sales and marketing.
- MBA preferred
- District Energy experience preferred
- Plant operations experience preferred
- Engineering and project management experience preferred