John N. Fehlinger Co., Inc. (“Fehlinger”)
Sales Engineer or Technical Sales Representative
Based in Fairfield, New Jersey (covering North/Central New Jersey)
John N. Fehlinger Co., Inc. (“Fehlinger”) is a leading technical sales, manufacturers’ representative, distributor and after-market service provider for steam specialties, heat transfer and hot & chilled water process control applications. Fehlinger primarily works with customers in large facilities such as universities, hospitals and commercial buildings in Manhattan. We are best known for our expertise in Con Edison high pressure steam applications. We were founded in 1951 and have been serving the greater New York and tri-state area ever since. We are known for our technical expertise and customer service; we sell solutions to our customers’ problems. We are a growing company that offers a collegial team atmosphere along with competitive pay and benefits.
Fehlinger is looking to expand in New Jersey. Therefore, we are seeking a person who has experience covering industrial and institutional clients in New Jersey. The target customers are large industrial facilities, food & beverage manufacturers, and healthcare facilities. The coverage territory is North and Central New Jersey.
The primary role is being the “face of Fehlinger” for the client, working with them to choose the right process and flow control equipment and aftermarket services. Applicant will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by generating leads, qualifying prospects, troubleshooting steam stations and other systems, and managing sales of products and services.
- Technical sales of process and flow control equipment in North and Central New Jersey
- Building and sustaining long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers.
- Traveling within a sales territory to conduct face-to-face meetings with consulting engineers.
- Evaluate customers’ needs and negotiate recommendations for sales and service. This will largely be for valves, pumps, heat transfer and process control systems.
- Source new sales opportunities and close deals to achieve quotas
- Keeping abreast of the latest industry developments by attending meetings, trainings workshops, and industry events.
- Strong consultative sales and customer service skills
- Interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- 2 years direct experience in technical outside sales of flow or process control products or industrial sales in North and Central New Jersey
- College degree or equivalent technical/mechanical training
- Team player, Detail oriented, self-starter and a “can do” attitude
- Ability and desire to learn quickly
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Suite and CRMs is helpful
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Fluent in English
- Full Covid vaccinations
Looking for the right candidate to join our team. Self-motivated and driven. Able to travel around North and Central New Jersey. Occasional use of basic tools for minor field work.
Salespeople at Fehlinger Enjoy:
- Attractive base salary plus unlimited commission
- Medical benefits & 401(k) matching program
- Training & Development
- Free snacks and drinks
Further information about Fehlinger; website: www.jnfsteam.com
- Fehlinger is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity
- Fehlinger is a non-smoking workplace
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: