Job Description: NORESCO is seeking an Engineering Manager for its Central Utility Plant (CUP) engineering team, a leadership position equivalent to a Senior Project Manager with an engineering consulting firm. This individual will be responsible for QA/QC of engineering work from NORESCO engineers and third-party engineering firms, managing design schedules and budgets, overseeing customer engineering deliverables, running technical customer meetings, and being the primary technical customer interface on large CUP projects.
About the role
This senior level position reports to the VP of Engineering and is positioned as a key member of our project team. Engineering Managers are relied upon for strong technical leadership as NORESCO has more than 150 engineers from nearly every discipline. Engineering Mangers are engaged with multiple projects from initial concept, project development, construction, commissioning, and performance testing and then support operations and monitoring of long-term performance. They also actively support NORESCO’s business development and implementation strategy.
- Overall responsibility for planning, directing, and monitoring all engineering aspects of CUP projects from conceptual stage through detailed design, construction, and commissioning in a collaborative Design/Build process.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the design schedule, budget, scope of work, and engineering deliverables. Track deliverables, comments and approvals, ensure all elements of the project scope are accurately designed, documented, reviewed, and distributed to the project team for use during construction.
- Lead design review meetings and charrettes with the customer and their advisors.
- Lead engineering activities during project development including: site investigations, data collection, conceptual design (i.e. schematics, equipment selections, preliminary drawings, performance requirements, scopes of work, specifications, etc.).
- Support project pricing effort in partnership with NORESCO construction department; Bid packages, subcontractor qualification, bid-walks, consultants, reviews, value engineering, life cycle analysis, long-term service agreements, etc.
- Support project team during construction, commissioning, and performance phases to resolve design issues, document as-built conditions, and ensure objectives are met.
- Identify key customer interests, needs, and drivers. Review these with project team members to refine strategies and develop scopes that address these concerns.
- Mentor Central Utility Plant engineers that are earlier in their career development.
- Support sales and development to prospect clients, audit customer facilities, participate in sales presentations, and develop technical write-ups for competitive proposal responses.
Required Experience, Education & Licensure:
- Minimum of 8 -10 years related or relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical or Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer’s registration (or on a path to obtain one)
To Apply visit:
NORESCO, a Carrier Company, is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. NORESCO does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.