Campus Video Contest
The 2017 contest winning video was submitted by the University of Missouri (click image to watch)
Launched in 2012, this contest challenges students from IDEA member institutions to create a short video (under 3 minutes) about their campus energy plant, focused on district energy and/or combined heat and power (CHP). When creating these videos, students are to consider:
- What is unique about your campus district energy system?
- What makes district energy so efficient?
- How does district energy play a role in the sustainability efforts being made on your campus?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of personnel who operate and maintain these systems?
Winners are announced at the Annual IDEA Campus Energy Conference and cash prizes are awarded to the top three entries. Submissions are reviewed by a special committee of IDEA members:
- GRAND PRIZE Winning student submission will receive $500 plus paid airfare and lodging to attend IDEA's CampusEnergy2017 conference in Miami, FL from Feb. 20-24, 2017. In addition, the Facilities or Utilities department will receive one free registration plus paid lodging to attend IDEA's Annual Conference in Scottsdale, AZ from June 26-29, 2017; the College/University will receive recognition from IDEA for their commitment to environmentally sound energy.
- SECOND PRIZE Student submission will receive $250 & the College/University will receive recognition from IDEA for their commitment to environmentally sound energy.
- THIRD PRIZE Student submission will receive $100 & the College/University will receive recognition from IDEA for their commitment to environmentally sound energy.