Concord Engineering - Senior Electrical Engineer
Concord Engineering is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer experienced in High Voltage Substation and MV Distribution systems engineering and design. Experience with Traction Substation will be plus for this position. In this position, the candidate will utilize his/her experience and expertise to execute projects with proven problem solving skills, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals. Concord Engineering Group is a rapidly growing dynamic company offering excellent benefits and compensation packages commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
Experience and Education Required:
- Prepare construction documents for installation of new or modifications to existing substations, including Bill of Materials, yard layouts, plans, sections and details.
- Prepare/modify technical specifications for major equipment, such as power transformers, power circuit breakers, control house, and other high-voltage substation related materials.
- Perform power system load flow studies, fault studies, relay setting coordination, and transient studies.
- Work with team to meet project specifications, cost control, schedule and quality objectives
- Interface with internal and external team members.
- Develop and maintain manpower forecasts and ensure they are adequate to meet project needs. Execute work accordingly and carefully monitor and expedite flow of required data, initiating corrective actions when required.
- Provide engineering support for ongoing construction projects including site testing & commissioning activities.
- Interface with client representatives and sub-consultants to ensure communications are maintained and project objectives are achieved.
- Develop outage, cut-over, and testing procedures.
- Develop proposals including: writing and/or reviewing RFP requirements, estimating design man-hours and materials, development of clarifications and exceptions, as well as technical responses.
- Provide technical direction to other engineers and designers.
- Ability and desire to learn new software and transition into Project Management position.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
- PE License required NJ & PA
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in substation engineering.
- Knowledge of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), International Electro-technical Commission (IEC), NERC, NEC, NESC, NEMA, and ANSI standards
- Knowledge of the following areas:
- Substation layout and electrical clearances
- Substation rigid and strain bus design
- Substation ground grid design
- Substation surge and direct stroke protection
- Substation raceway design
- Substation Control, Protection, and Automation methods
Concord Engineering Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume with the Subject “SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER POSITION” to Suzanne Renzi, firstname.lastname@example.org.