Duke Facilities Management
Manage the design, procurement and construction of assigned utility & university building projects at Duke University; perform related engineering analysis to assist in planning and ensure efficient operations; assist in the development of design standards; provide design review for both utility and building projects.
- Participate in the design, planning, evaluation, procurement, construction, operation and maintenance of University mechanical systems to include heating plants, steam, hot water, plumbing and associated distribution systems to ensure that the needs of the University are met in the most economical and effective manner.
- Review engineering plans, specifications and equipment for both utility and building projects; inspect projects during and following installation and advise as to compliance with specifications prior to University acceptance.
- Assist in the continued development of University standards to provide guidelines for future project planning, design, construction and maintenance.
- Assist in determining fiscal requirements for mechanical systems and submit budgetary recommendations.
- Advise and assist with problems involving HVAC maintenance and operations.
- Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience skills.
Use requisition #401352092
- Knowledge of the NC Building, Mechanical, Plumbing and Energy Codes and ASHRAE Standards.
- Ability to create and maintain positive customer and stakeholder relationships
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CAD drafting skills utilizing AutoCAD
**APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT WWW.HR.DUKE.EDU #EmploymentOpportunity#DukeUniversity