Samsung Austin Semiconductor
Facilities Engineer, HVAC Technical Lead
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
SAS is focused on being the World’s Best Foundry product supplier.
The HVAC Technical Lead will work to tackle our most complex problems, while developing strategies and roadmaps for improving quality and reliability in support of a semiconductor wafer fab. Facilities HVAC systems are designed to run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year without interruption.
Role and Responsibilities
- Possesses expert knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and systems including air handling, industrial chilled water, heating, process piping, pumps, pneumatics, fans, rotating equipment, heat transfer, and psychrometrics
- Provides guidance to personnel, management and executives on technical projects or large scale changes
- Maintains a technical focus on capacity management, problem solving, root cause analysis, engineering design, cost estimating, financial management, project management, and system documentation
- Develops and reviews operations and maintenance procedures and programs with junior engineers to ensure the use of best practices
- Forecasts system capacity needs based on current and future demand projections. Develops plans to accommodate projected system demand needs through capital improvement projects and other innovative means
- Successfully interfaces with internal customer organizations and maintains effective communication throughout
- Seeks out innovative concepts/technologies and drives them to implementation
- Assists with system design, construction, startup & commissioning
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in Facilities HVAC Operations, or consultant experience designing and constructing HVAC or mechanical systems
- Professional Engineer’s license required
- Have the ability to create construction drawings and details such as Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) or Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) using CAD software