Director of Construction
Job Description: NORESCO is seeking a Director of Construction for its Central Utility Plant (CUP) team. This is a leadership position within the Company that is the equivalent of a Senior Project Manager or Project Executive with a large general contractor or design-build mechanical contractor. We are seeking an individual that has construction experience with central utility plants, including combined heat and power (cogeneration), utility distribution systems, and other energy infrastructure on campuses. This individual will be responsible for leading a construction team, supporting project development, estimating, scheduling, contract/subcontract development, safety oversight, project financial performance, quality control/quality assurance and contract compliance. This individual will be the primary customer interface on large CUP projects during project construction.
- Planning, directing, and monitoring project management functions including constructability review, bid management and sub-contractor selection, subcontract development, managing flow down requirements and contract compliance.
- Manage and maintain the schedule, budget, project scope of work, and the external and internal contract deliverables.
- Track construction deliverables/submissions, customer comments and approvals, ensure all elements of the project scope are accurately designed, documented, reviewed, and distributed to the project team.
- Lead role in conducting and documenting meetings and charrettes both internal and with the customer and their advisors.
- Lead construction activities, as required, during project development including: site investigations, construction constraints and constructability reviews, review of conceptual design documents (i.e. schematics, equipment selections, preliminary drawings, performance requirements, scopes of work, specifications, etc.).
- Support project pricing efforts at various stages of development. Final bid packages, subcontractor qualification, subcontractor bid-walks, use of third-party consultants, bid reviews, value engineering.
- Work with various departments throughout construction to ensure each department understands and is prepared for commissioning and performance phase services.
- Identify key customer interests, needs, and drivers. Review these with project team members to refine strategies and develop scopes that address these concerns in the proposed project.
- Mentor construction team members as well as team members from other departments as necessary.
- Support sales and development groups to prospect clients, audit customer facilities, participate in sales presentations, and develop technical write-ups for competitive proposal responses.
- Resource management and forecasting based on project needs. Interviewing and hiring team members to support existing and proposed projects.
Required Experience, Education & Licensure:
- Minimum of 8 -10 years related or relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical or Civil Engineering
- Contractors licenses a plus.
To Apply Visit:
NORESCO, a Carrier Company, is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. NORESCO does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.