Plant Manager Co-Generation
This position will oversee a Central Utility Plant with requirements to provide ongoing operations and support for power, steam, hot/chilled water utility generation, and distribution. The Plant Manager is responsible for directing operations and maintenance (O&M) activities and ensures the facility meets its contractual performance guarantee while remaining in compliance with applicable safety, environmental, and corporate requirements.
- Manage environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs and ensure all personnel comply with corporate policies.
- Develop and implement a corrective/preventative maintenance program to optimize equipment performance and reliability.
- Develop an annual capex and operating budget with the focus on expenditure accuracy and timing.
- Provide daily direction and leadership to a team of skilled trades and subcontractors with responsibilities of operating/supporting/maintaining a central utility plant.
- Assist in developing critical path plans for major shutdowns. Manage contracted resources and schedules during scheduled outages and unplanned maintenance work.
- Maintain historical operating data and work with measurement & verification team to analyze and monitor key parameters and maximize operating efficiencies.
- Assist with troubleshooting and equipment overhauls.
- Analyze processes and develop new operation techniques based on industry best practices.
- Create new standard operation procedures (SOP) aligned with OEM recommendations.
- Provide training for new cogeneration system operators.
- Review operating logs and performance data daily to monitor equipment conditions and identify gaps in system operation and performance.
- Provide limited after-hours and weekend support as needed.
- Liaise with customer and all business units of the company to ensure alignment of goals.
- Review information from oil sample analysis, operating data, mechanics reports, operating reports, and recommended OEM component replacement guidelines to ensure corrective measures are implemented as required.
- Monitor warranty programs, ensure warranty work is claimed in a timely manner, and warranty issues are effectively resolved.
- Participate in regular meetings to review daily and weekly work schedules and ensure alignment of financial and operational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in the electric power generating, cogeneration or district energy industries with strong working knowledge of CHP equipment including gas turbines, reciprocating engines, HRSGs, and ancillary equipment.
- Maintenance planning and CMMS experience is required with a minimum of two (2) years in a management role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- MS Word, Excel, and Project knowledge.
- Complex problem analysis, assessment, and remediation abilities.
- Customer relations experience.
To Apply visit:
NORESCO, a Carrier Company, is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. NORESCO does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.