Senior Project Manager
This Sr. Project Manager position will be located in Iowa City, IA.
ENGIE at the University of Iowa employs over 100 energy professionals in the trades, technical specialties, engineering, management, and support to operate the utility production and distribution systems, driving toward greater use of renewable and sustainable fuels.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate and coordinate all design and construction phases of multiple University projects.
- Responsible for execution of the Utility Master Plan to include:
- (1) condition assessments for extending the life cycle and reliability of critical systems and components within the utility infrastructure
- (2) performance efficiencies to reduce the university’s energy and utility operations costs
- (3) sustainability initiatives to eliminate coal as a fuel source and reduce the university’s carbon footprint. Scope encompasses engineering conception and design, procurement, construction, financial administration, commissioning, and initial operations.
- Becomes a core member of the Program Management Team (PMT) providing leadership, oversight, and reporting.
- Coordinates and communicates with all stakeholders.
- Ensures quality and technical execution of work are within schedule and budget through the establishment of milestone dates, budget allocations and control or expenditures.
What you bring:
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field from an ABET institution required.
- Major in a disciplined Engineering curriculum preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or passing of the Fundamental Engineering (FE) exam and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in management of construction, industrial or municipal projects.
In 2020 The University of Iowa (UI) entered a 50-year, trailblazing partnership with the University of Iowa Energy Collaborative (UIEC), a joint venture between ENGIE, Meridiam, and Hannon Armstrong, to operate, maintain and enhance the university’s Utility System. As the founding member of this joint venture, ENGIE designs, builds, operates, and maintains the energy infrastructure delivering safe, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable energy solutions in producing and distributing steam, electricity, chilled water, and domestic water to the main campus in Iowa City, Iowa and a nearby satellite campus.
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
For the full Job description and requirements please visit our website.
Project Management Senior (3831) - ENGIE#EmploymentOpportunity#employment