FVB Energy Inc.
FVB Energy Inc. (FVB) is a world-leading, international Engineering & Management Consultancy specialized in District Energy. FVB is seeking a Principal/Business Manager for our Minneapolis office. This role will have the overall responsibility for growth, management and implementation of the strategic direction of the United States business.
With over 50 years international and 40 years American experience, FVB has been at the forefront of the growth of district energy in the U.S., Canada, Sweden and the Middle East.
The paramount goal of our company is to use our experience and expertise to help clients make wise technical and business decisions about production and use of thermal and electric energy in a way that minimizes or eliminates carbon emissions.
This position is responsible for the administration, management and operations of all business in the U.S. This office works closely with, and is administratively supported by, the Canadian FVB operation.
The U.S. Principal/Business Manager position will be responsible for:
- Managing the U.S. business unit
- Administrative and overall office operations, support & management
- Contractual reviews and approval
- Board meeting reports and updates to Board of Directors
- Business development
- Grow U.S business portfolio and sales
- Cultivate and grow relationships within the district energy industry
- Respond to RFPs and other business opportunities
- Billable consulting work
- Billable work may be focused on Finance/analysis work or on Engineering
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal/emotional intelligence skills
- Ability to identify and substantively analyze key business issues and strategy
- Ability to manage projects, identify priorities, establish realistic time frames and use incomplete information to make decisions and adjust project needs and objectives
- Five to ten years’ energy or utility experience, preferably with knowledge of the district energy market
- Background experience and specialties in either Finance or Engineering:
- A minimum of 5 years’ financial or commercial experience
- An MBA, while not required, is highly desirable
- Experience in investment or due diligence analysis / accounting / legal (contracts), while not required, will be beneficial
- Mechanical engineering or related technical degree
- Engineering/technical experience in district energy and related technologies and/or engineering experience in building HVAC design and energy conservation measures
- Experience working with a small business, while not required, is highly desired
- A passion for district energy and the low carbon transition
Please apply online at: