High Voltage Operations Engineer
The HV Operations Engineer is responsible for the management and oversight of the operation, maintenance and construction team within the Electrical HV Systems organization. Responsibilities also include the development of design standards, PM programs and system SOPs. The HV Operations engineer will also own the both the distribution and generation system renewal programs. This position reports to the High Voltage System Manager, and is part of the Duke Utility & Engineering Services business unit.
Duke Utility & Engineering Services (DUES) provides range of utility & engineering services to the Duke Campus and Medical Center: Chilled Water, Steam, Electrical HV Systems, Water (including water, sewer, and storm water), Energy Management and Engineering. The Electrical HV Systems organization is responsible for installation, maintenance, and operation of the campus High voltage distribution system, centralized backup power generation plants, and the campus site lighting.
For a full position description, and information on how to apply, follow this link:
- Responsible for a growing team of 15+. Direct management of HV Supervisor and future administrative staff to support team growth.
- Participate in the design, procurement, and construction of new high voltage distribution systems to meet the needs of new or renovated facilities.
- Review plans, specifications and submittals for new installations and renovations; inspect projects during and following installation and advise as to compliance with specifications prior to University acceptance.
- Assist in the development and updates of the University standards and guidelines for future project planning, design, construction and maintenance activities to insure best practices are employed.
- Advise and assist with problems involving electrical engineering and maintenance.
- Prepare or oversee complex switching procedures.
- Assist in operation, maintenance and design of medium voltage generation equipment and paralleling switchgear.
- Prepare and develop Preventative Maintenance programs for power distribution and generation equipment.
- Prepare reports, analyses, and presentations as needed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.