Sam is an experienced professional project manager (PMP) and engineer (P.Eng.) with a history of delivering capital improvement projects, O&M programs and sustainability initiatives that surpass client expectations. His focus has been on utility projects (primarily water and district energy) that provide utility services in a more sustainable way, to reduce costs and environmental impacts.
Sam has managed multiple project management offices (PMO) and staff across Canada, led complex project teams, delivered projects with budgets over $90 million, and directly managed programs of over 30 projects at once year-round.
He is a natural leader with a talent for process improvement, strategic planning, risk management, and presenting. His hands-on experience in construction management, contract management, health & safety and procurement make Sam a valuable member of any team.
Project Experience Includes:
• Energy: District Energy heating and cooling (Steam, Hot water), Geo-Exchange, Biomass, Solar, Nuclear
• Water: Pipe/main replacements, Water conservation, Water meters
• Emergency: Flood/Leak control and remediation, First response
• Excavation: Small-medium excavation, Utility locating, Shoring, Trenching
• Environmental: Contaminated soil, Ground water, Refrigerants, Air quality, Asbestos abatement
• Building Envelope: Roofing, Glazing, Membrane sealants
• Tenant Improvements: Space re-configurations and renovations, Fit-ups
• Safety: Accessibility upgrades, Fire prevention, Security improvements