Sales & Marketing Director
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Business Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to the VP Business Development, the Sales & Marketing Director is responsible for developing and implementing the Thermal marketing, customer service strategies and managing and achieving the organic sales, local growth and revenue retention goals.
The Sales and Marketing Director has responsibility for three distinct job functions: marketing, sales and customer service. Marketing responsibilities include knowledge of the market, competitors and industry trends to drive strategies for increasing awareness of the company's offerings and services among the target audience group. Sales management responsibilities focus on leading and supporting the identification and qualification of sales prospects, developing sales strategies for new revenue and revenue retention opportunities and moving these opportunities through the sales cycle to successful close to achieve the sales targets. Customer service job functions include developing and implementing customer service strategies and initiatives that can be customized according to each business throughout the enterprise to retain and grow revenue.
This position works directly with the General Managers, Sales and Marketing Representatives, Business Development team and Sales Operations Administrator.
This position can sit in Houston, TX or remote work is also an option.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
Knowledge & Skills
- Development of marketing and sales plans focused on growth through aggressive sales objectives, future acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategic alliances.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and programs necessary to maintain and expand the customer base.
Manage the sales process to identify, propose and close new district energy organic sales opportunities, in both new and existing buildings, for existing District Energy systems and other local growth opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and establishing strong local relationships with the downtown community stakeholders of our operating systems (economic development and government agencies, community leaders, commercial developers, architects, engineers, contractors) and customers through the local General Managers and Sales and Marketing Managers
- Build and maintain the organic and local sales growth opportunity pipeline; eliminate unviable candidates. Maintain accurate and timely forecast that is kept up to date as the opportunity progresses through the sales cycle.
- Support energy and economic analysis, pricing and proposal preparation and presentations, including preparation of contracts and possible structuring of financing solutions.
- Identify, implement and manage marketing strategy to develop brand awareness and increase sales opportunities.
- Actively seek out and recommend new products and services that increase profitability of existing and new customers.
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies to retain and grow revenue.
- Develop and implement customer service excellence strategies and programs.
- Oversee and manage internal/external marketing communication and sales and marketing collateral materialRequirements
- Proven sales management track record of developing and closing new sales and contract renewals.
- Developing and executing marketing and customer relationship plans
- Ability to formulate appropriate technical and business plans and objectives and direct their effective accomplishment through company personnel and consultants.
- Strong internal and external networking and cross-functional instincts. Ability to coordinate with others from across the organization and outside of formal lines of authority.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write proposals and give presentations appropriate for various organizational levels as well as ability to effectively perform within a matrix organizational environment.
- CRM management user experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility to work in fast-paced, environment with "hands-on" team player approach
- High integrity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Problem solving, deadline-oriented
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills
- Strong negotiating skills and superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel heavily throughout the U.S.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, engineering, business or related field is required, MBA is preferred
- Ten years of combined technical sales and marketing management experience is required
- At least five years of experience managing a team
- Extensive district energy experience in sales, marketing and customer service/account management are all preferred.
To Apply: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6155026.careers?ShowJob=251965001