IDEA has been supporting the Michigan Public Service Commission as they explore potential for integration of new technologies and business models for energy. Many weeks ago, we circulated the request for information and expert insights among MRC members. Eaton Corporation immediately volunteered as they have multiple facilities and thousands of employees in the state of Michigan.
In the aftermath of the Texas Deep Freeze in February, the MPSC also sought guidance from microgrids in Texas. Juan Ontiveros of UT Austin and Steve Swinson of TECO have agreed to share experiences.
The next meeting will focus on Microgrids. It will be on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. The links are below. Participation is free but may be limited by connectivity.
Meeting #7: Microgrids
We look forward to the April 21 meeting, where we will hear from:
- Commissioner Katherine Peretick, Michigan Public Service Commission
- Jeremy Twitchell, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Douglas Gagne, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Matt Grocoff, THRIVE Collaborative
- Juan Shannon, Parker Village
- Panel: Business Perspectives on Microgrid Development
- Moderator: Cory Connolly, Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council
- Mark Feasel, Schneider Electric
- Sam Barnes, Commonwealth
- Robert Rafson, Charthouse Energy
- Eaton Corporation
- Juan Ontiveros, University of Texas at Austin
- Steve Swinson, Thermal Energy Corporation
- Panel: Utility Microgrid Perspectives
- Moderator: Arindam Maitra, Electric Power Research Institute
- Carlos Casablanca, AEP Service Corporation
- Husaninder Singh, DTE Energy
- Nathan Washburn, Consumers Energy
Meetings will be held via teleconference until further notice. All attendees are encouraged to download Microsoft Teams for audio/visual capabilities. For those joining via web browser, please note that Microsoft Teams currently works well with most internet browsers with the notable exception of Safari.
To learn more about the MI Power Grid initiative or to sign up for email updates, please visit www.michigan.gov/MIPowerGrid. For questions about this workgroup, feel free to contact Joy Wang at email@example.com.
We look forward to your participation.#News#MRCNews#MemberNewsIDEA#Microgrids#Michigan