Wake Tech News
Wake Tech students celebrated Earth Day in a cool way with a tour of the eco-friendly Central Energy Plant under construction on the college’s future campus in Wendell.
Architectural Technology and Construction Management degree students studying green building and design got a firsthand look at environmentally sustainable building features taking shape during a field trip at the Eastern Wake 4.0 construction site on Friday.
The Central Energy Plant is the first building under construction, but all buildings planned at the site are designed with green building features including:
- Sustainable building materials
- High-efficiency lighting design
- Natural daylight and connection to nature
- Use of geothermal wells to reduce the amount of energy needed to heat and cool buildings
- District heating and cooling system, where water is pumped underground to every building for heating and cooling