Corix has an exciting opportunity for an Area Manager to oversee the safe and efficient operation, maintenance, service and repair of equipment and process systems across the Lower Mainland, including our new biomass plant in Burnaby.
- Oversee multi-utility operations, ensuring compliance with all relevant policies, codes, regulations, and laws while identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Manage operational profit and loss budgets, ensuring financial targets are met and taking corrective action when needed
- Direct and supervise staff, participating in recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and evaluation of employees
- Perform and manage the completion of routine operations/inspections, maintenance, repair, replacement, start-up, shutdown, adjustment and troubleshooting on all systems
- Conduct assessments and site inspections and assist with the development of safety documentation such as OERPs, SJP, SWPs, ERP and SOPs;
- Ensure that the plant maintenance management system (Lucity) is up to date
- Identify and report deficiencies to senior management and/or regulatory authorities as required, and take corrective action to prevent injuries, financial loss, reduction in utility availability/reliability and system failure;
- Participate in emergency first response and on-call rotation
You have a minimum of 5 years related work experience in District Energy, or Water and/or Wastewater Operations or related disciplines. You are a 4th Class Power Engineer, and if you have your 3rd Class, even better! Water/Wastewater Level 3 certification is highly desirable. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field would be an asset.
The must-haves also include a valid Class 5 driver’s license and First Aid Level II. You must also be proficient with Microsoft Office applications. It would be ideal if you have HVAC, SCADA and HMI experience.
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have the proven ability to:
- Act as a resource to staff members for advice and guidance on potential approaches and problem situations.
- Develop and manage cross functional internal relationships to resolve issues and create efficiencies.
- Solve problems within established guidelines and procedures, requiring the use of judgment to determine which of many methods are applicable in any given situation.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to submit your application on our career site or visit us at myutilityjobs.com: