The Nuclear Energy Institute
If you keep up with the goings-on of the financial sector, then you know that nuclear energy is coming up more and more frequently in conversations on Wall Street. From private equity firms to investment banks, the financial community is seeing the promise that nuclear energy holds.
According to Pitchbook data, the number of deals related to nuclear investments has increased by 400 percent between 2015 and 2022. It’s clear the demand for nuclear is gaining steam across the financial sector.
- Westinghouse Electric was sold to Brookfield Renewable Partners and Cameco in a $7.9 billion deal.
- TerraPower announced a successful fundraise of $830 million, rounding out the top 10 venture capital deals made in the third quarter of 2022.
- X-energy announced it was going public, resulting in a $2 billion merger with Ares Acquisition Corporation. Soon thereafter, Korean investors, Doosan and DL E&C, invested $130 million in the company.
- NANO Nuclear Energy announced an oversubscribed fundraise of more than $4 million.
- Pelican Energy Partners, a private equity firm that has historically invested in oilfield services, announced a new fund strategy dedicated to the nuclear industry.
- Asset manager VanEck launched their nuclear and uranium ETF in Europe, allowing investors pure-play exposure to the nuclear industry as a whole. BlackRock indicated they may be following suit after consulting their clients.